It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: limb savers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:14 am 

Hi 2 questions. Does this forum have a search option? I want opinions on if limb savers will quiet my BE down and if so is there any speed loss ? Thanks

Post subject: Re: limb savers
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:19 am 

Earth yes the LimbSavers will help to quiet your BE. I'm not sure about the search engine. If you post your set up will try to see if any other things can be changed to make the bow quieter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 am 

Bowbum Thanks for the quick response. Its a 2001 BE med LF set at app. 57# 29" draw. Iam shooting 28" xx2413 arrows 125 gr. A QAD LD rest with homemade bracket on cam (similar to the one you made) I have a 97dyna string with cat wiskers and felt under string at limb tips. Brace height & tiller in specs. Where would the limb savers be added ( Iam assuming on the powerlimbs) but inside or outside as close to the hinge as possible? Thanks again

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:27 pm 

Earth the set up you have is fine. The arrows are a little light in weight for Oneida's. For Oneida's you want to have min. of 6.5 grains per pound of bow weight. As for the LimbSavers you want to put them on the under side of the power limb. I place mine in the middle of the cables. Now for the string I use about 9 pieces of yarn( about 2" long ) next to the end serving or LimbSavers string leeches. You can also use a piece of felt under the rest where it contacts the riser. Hope this all helps. Will watch for your reply.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:38 pm 

Sorry Earth the arrow weight is fine for your set up. It was my mistake thought it was 2213 shafts. Read both posts have other answers in the first one. If this is your hunting set up then the noise needs to be gone. If you can please try to describe the sound your bow is making this may help in finding the noise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:18 pm 

i use the limb savers as bowbum suggests between the cables on the power limbs and the super string leaches (just bought a new pack today) and i'm failry quiet. I'm thinking about using a second set of limb savers on the outboards, but i'm on the fence about it. Limb saver also makes some mini savers for your sight if that is making any noise. good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

You can also look at shooting different arrow weights and see how much a slightly heavier arrow quietes the bow. I found just shooting an arrow thirty grains heavier made a big difference. Was shooting arrows 392, then went to 421 and the bow was much quieter.

Oneida Falcon
Oneida Switchblade Prototype

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]