It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:59 pm




 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Screaming Eagle Help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
I have a Screamin Eagle that I want to restore.
The Serial number is B26636 as far as I can see as the tag is faded.
It looks to be a 30 to 31 draw and 47 inch string length.
The only number I can make out for power is 50.


I need to know what power cable and yoke cable went on this bow as it does not look right? The cams are pointed toward the grip not string when the string is on it.

Also I need to find a grip for this bow. If anyone has one please let me know.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Screaming Eagle
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:17 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
Hi Rody, according to our spec sheets none of the screaming eagles take a 47 inch string. And according to our sheet the serial number sounds like an H 500. If you look inside the cams at the end of the cables you should see some color on the ends. And we should also be able to find out the correct string for the bow also.
Once we know this we can check to see which bow you have. As for a handle I have not been able to locate the rubber grips that were standard back then and would recomend Bob at www.GitaGrip.com.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Screaming Eagle
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
JOneida wrote:
Hi Rody, according to our spec sheets none of the screaming eagles take a 47 inch string. And according to our sheet the serial number sounds like an H 500. If you look inside the cams at the end of the cables you should see some color on the ends. And we should also be able to find out the correct string for the bow also.
Once we know this we can check to see which bow you have. As for a handle I have not been able to locate the rubber grips that were standard back then and would recomend Bob at www.GitaGrip.com.


The limbs have Screaming Eagle on the lower and Oneida Eagle on the other.

The Tag is a stick on tag that looks original and has al above infofo on it . I just noticed the the 50 is the lower wieght range.

The tag looks original as it has the patent numbers on it. The tag is hand written.

One yoke cable has blue on it the other looks to be black.

The power cable has no colour on it.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Screaming Eagle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
Rody according to serial number charts the letter B was for 1988.
According to the charts the only H500 with 47 inch string with blue yoke cables 50/70 pounds should have yellow power cables. One side should be yellow the other side black as with the blue yoke cables. If you were to take the cables off the bow there should be color on the ends that are inside the cams. Hope this helps.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Screaming Eagle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
JOneida wrote:
Rody according to serial number charts the letter B was for 1988.
According to the charts the only H500 with 47 inch string with blue yoke cables 50/70 pounds should have yellow power cables. One side should be yellow the other side black as with the blue yoke cables. If you were to take the cables off the bow there should be color on the ends that are inside the cams. Hope this helps.


If it is a H500 I wonder why it has Screaming Eagle on the limbs. The tag on it is the one with Oneida Eagle on it. The other has Screaming Eagle on it.:roll:

Is there any way I can get the charts saying the cable and string lenths are to which bow?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: sticker
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:41 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
They used to upgrade the 500's to screaming eagles. This may be why.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sticker
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:57 am 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
JOneida wrote:
They used to upgrade the 500's to screaming eagles. This may be why.


If this is so. What changes in strings and cable would have to be made?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: changes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
Rody we first would need to know which bow you had and which bow you wanted to change it to. This can be a very expensive project. This can involve changing strings/cables/power as well as outboard limbs.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: changes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:54 am 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
JOneida wrote:
Rody we first would need to know which bow you had and which bow you wanted to change it to. This can be a very expensive project. This can involve changing strings/cables/power as well as outboard limbs.


First lets find out what it is.

It has blue yokes and yellow power cables(just took one out to look at it).
Forget what the tag says for string length. What would the string be with this combination on a Screaming Eagle and a 31 inch draw?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: ???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
Rody this is interesting in that the charts we have do not show this cable combination on a SE but does on the H250 and H500. Both showing 29/30 inch draw using a 47 inch string. Sounds like this bow has had some work done to it. But what we dont know yet.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:54 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
JOneida wrote:
Rody this is interesting in that the charts we have do not show this cable combination on a SE but does on the H250 and H500. Both showing 29/30 inch draw using a 47 inch string. Sounds like this bow has had some work done to it. But what we dont know yet.


Something else the cam is sbout 2.5 inches long. Is there any way Id'ing these cams?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: cams?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
Rody are the cams nylon or metal??


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: cams?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:17 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Northwet
JOneida wrote:
Rody are the cams nylon or metal??


Cams are metal. Timing Wheels for Plastic.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: manuals
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: Farmingdale Maine
Hi Rody, here are a couple links to manuals for the H250,H500 and Screaming Eagles, check them out, this may help.
http://oneida eagle bows website/media/ma ... gEagle.pdf

http://oneida eagle bows website/media/ma ... gEagle.pdf
Look at page 24 of the H500 manual, is this the same cam as yours?

Look at these also and let us know which cams you have.
http://oneidabows.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: